The MSc Arts & Cultural Management aims to train future arts and cultural managers and provides them with the broad knowledge, experience and skills required to work in cultural and creative industries, both at national and international level. The degree prepares students for managerial positions in the fields of visual arts, performing arts and cultural heritage.
A GLOBAL APPROACH
• Fundamentals of marketing, finance and management applied to cultural industries
• Art history
• An international network of professors and professional speakers
• Students with varied backgrounds and origins, fostering enriching exchanges and shared experiences
The Arts and Cultural Management department is extremely humbled to have the founder of Le Consortium Museum, Franck Gautherot, teaching and sharing his professional experience at BSB. In addition, we have highly qualified teachers who are famous in their field and are ready to share their expertise with you to help you achieve the same level of success.
ACHIEVING PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
You will have an outstanding opportunity to engage not only in art projects, but also to present them in front of a panel of angel investors via BSB’s incubator The Entrepreneurial Garden. This will allow you to learn more about the competitive world of art and cultural management, and how to execute your masterpieces and turn them into a business with the help of experts.
EARN A DUAL CERTIFICATE BSB – ISBA
You can follow a certifying training delivered jointly by the Institut Supérieur des Beaux-Arts de Besançon and BSB. This programme is open to a few students following a selection process.
A Masters 2 level certificate in Contemporary Arts Management focusing on contemporary art and creation, with a dual artistic and managerial perspectives.
International study tours (Venice and Switzerland in 2018), in situ case studies, workshops and didactic content.
Private visits and study conferences (Venice Biennale, Musei Civici Foundation, Guggenheim Foundation, Contini Gallery…)
The MSc Arts & Cultural Management programme aims to train future arts and cultural managers and provide them with the knowledge, experience and skills needed to work in the cultural and creative industries, both nationally and internationally.
Through this programme you will benefit from:
• Visits to international companies based in France.
• Organisation of a contemporary art exhibition or cultural event that teaches students how to work collaboratively with artists at all levels: management, communication, and logistics. For example, the International Festival in Besançon Excentricités in collaboration with the Institute of Fine Arts
• One field trip to a European capital city with specific study visits, conferences, events, and meetings with professionals.
• A workshop with artists to develop a joint entrepreneurial project.
• Creation of a Cultural Diary: to understand and analyse the current trends in arts and culture.
• Business Ethics
• Strategic Management
• Corporate Governance
• Research Methodsel
• History of the Art and Cultural Policy
• Socio-economic context of Arts and Culture
MANAGEMENT ET ENTREPRENEURIAT DANS L’ART ET LA CULTURE I
• Arts Marketing
• Cultural Entrepreneurship
• Intellectual Property and Copyright
• Arts budgeting
• Cultural Project Engineering
• Event management
MANAGEMENT ET ENTREPRENEURIAT DANS L’ART ET LA CULTURE II
• Cultural Entrepreneurship
• Fundraising for Arts & Culture
• Digitalization & Creative industries
• Cultural project engineering
• Field trip in a European capital city
ENTREPRENEURIAT CULTUREL & DÉVELOPPEMENT TERRITORIAL
• Destination Governance and Cultural Tourism
• Creative Cities & Territorial Development
French Master 1 or international Bachelor or 240 ECTS + passion or project in an artistic field
English language certificate:
IELTS 6.0 or TOEIC 750
Duolingo accepted: 95
1. Online Application
To apply for this programme, simply create your online account and application file and fill in all the required information and documents listed here.
Prior to submitting your online application, you will be asked to pay the non-refundable application fee of €100.
You can submit your application as soon as your application is complete and payment of application fee is made.
If your application is eligible, we will invite you to a motivation interview within a few days.
– Curriculum vitae
– Cover letter
– Copy of your last diploma or certificate of current schooling
– Language level certificates
– Photocopy of your passport or national identity card
– Letters of recommendation if you have some
2. Motivation interview
You will have the opportunity to express your motivation and ambition during a 20 to 30-minutes online interview. To ensure equal opportunities, this interview is a one-way online video interview, regardless of your nationality or place of residence, and can be conducted at your convenience within a period of 3 days.
During this interview, we encourage you to share your motivation but also your ambitions, experiences and expectations.
Applications are open until July 1st.
As we offer rolling admissions, we advise you to apply as soon as possible to have time to complete any visa procedures and to prepare for your arrival in France.
All students admitted to BSB will be considered eligible for a scholarship, 60% of which will be assigned by February 15th.
Be sure to get your application in now!
Tuition fees for the MSc Arts & Cultural Management are €14,000.
This “all inclusive” rate, guaranteed throughout your course, includes the following services:
The Hub: access to school support services, Career Booster, International Coaching, Wellness Center.
Campus and Learning Center access (open 6 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays)
BSB Alumni: Take advantage of the power of our network of over 16,000 graduates
Personal support: Optional catch-ups, e-learning support, group project tutoring
Field trips (travel and housing)
The MSc Arts & Cultural Management trains future managers in the arts and culture sector in the requirements of the cultural and creative industries, both nationally and internationally. This training prepares students for managerial positions in the fields of visual arts, performing arts and cultural heritage.
The BSB Career Centre helps you throughout your career to build your professional project and connects you with the BSB Alumni network as well as with potential recruiters from the sector.
of our graduates found a job in less than 6 months
average gross annual salary at 3 years
of our graduates hold a position with an international dimension
MEET OUR ALUMNI
Assistant de production
Chef de projet junior
Digital Marketing Manager Asia