The MSc Arts & Cultural Management focuses on the arts and culture sector to train future managers in the requirements of cultural and creative industries, both nationally and internationally. This training prepares students for managerial positions in the fields of visual arts, performing arts and cultural heritage.
360° MANAGEMENT TRAINING
• Fundamentals of marketing, finance and management applied to culture: budgeting, financing, implementation and management of a cultural project.
• Exploration of the artistic context (art history, socio-economic context…)
AN INTERNATIONAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
• An international network of professors and professional speakers
• Students representing several nationalities (China, Mexico, Germany, France, United Kingdom…).
TRAINING IN THE ENTREPRENEURIAL APPROACH
• Courses dedicated to entrepreneurship
• Organisation of a contemporary art exhibition to gain experience of collaboration with artists (management, communication and logistics …)
• Organisation of a festival in partnership with the Besançon Institute of Fine Arts
STUDY TRIPS TO EXPLORE THE REALITY ON THE GROUND
• UnA 4-day cultural management seminar in a European capital (Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Brussels…) with study visits, conferences, meetings with professionals.
• Conferences of experts and visits to cultural industries of international dimension (Amazon…)
• Creation of a cultural logbook: analysis and understanding of trends in art and culture
EARN A DUAL DEGREE BSB – ISBA
You can follow a certifying training delivered jointly by the Institut Supérieur des Beaux-Arts de Besançon and BSB. This programme is open to a few students following a selection process.
A Masters 2 level certificate in Contemporary Arts Management focusing on contemporary art and creation, with a dual artistic and managerial perspectives.
International study tours (Venice and Switzerland in 2018), in situ case studies, workshops and didactic content.
Private visits and study conferences (Venice Biennale, Musei Civici Foundation, Guggenheim Foundation, Contini Gallery…)
The MSc Arts & Cultural Management programme aims to train future arts and cultural managers and provide them with the knowledge, experience and skills needed to work in the cultural and creative industries, both nationally and internationally.
• Business Ethics
• Strategic Management
• Corporate Governance
• Research Methodsel
• History of the Art and Cultural Policy
• Socio-economic context of Arts and Culture
MANAGEMENT ET ENTREPRENEURIAT DANS L’ART ET LA CULTURE I
• Arts Marketing
• Cultural Entrepreneurship
• Intellectual Property and Copyright
• Arts budgeting
• Cultural Project Engineering
• Event management
MANAGEMENT ET ENTREPRENEURIAT DANS L’ART ET LA CULTURE II
• Cultural Entrepreneurship
• Fundraising for Arts & Culture
• Digitalization & Creative industries
• Cultural project engineering
• Field trip in a European capital city
ENTREPRENEURIAT CULTUREL & DÉVELOPPEMENT TERRITORIAL
• Destination Governance and Cultural Tourism
• Creative Cities & Territorial Development
Requirements to join the MSc Arts & Cultural Management:
English language certificate: IELTS 6.0 or TOEIC 785
Non-French Bachelor degree or a French Master 1 in any field
Oral test of motivation
APPLICATION PROCESS: (administrative fees: 100€)
- Online application form
- Oral motivational speech with the Director of the programme to discuss your motivations.
Tuition fees for the MSc Arts & Cultural Management are €14,000.
This “all inclusive” rate, guaranteed throughout your course, includes the following services:
- Field trips (travel and housing)
- The Hub: access to school support services, Career Booster, International Coaching, Wellness Center.
- Campus and Learning Center access (open 6 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays)
- BSB Alumni: Take advantage of the power of our network of over 16,000 graduates
- Optional catch-ups, e-learning support, group project tutoring
The Hub: access to school support services, Career Booster, International Coaching, Wellness Center.
Campus and Learning Center access (open 6 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays)
BSB Alumni: Take advantage of the power of our network of over 16,000 graduates
Optional catch-ups, e-learning support, group project tutoring
The MSc Arts & Cultural Management trains future managers in the arts and culture sector in the requirements of the cultural and creative industries, both nationally and internationally. This training prepares students for managerial positions in the fields of visual arts, performing arts and cultural heritage.
The BSB Career Centre helps you throughout your career to build your professional project and connects you with the BSB Alumni network as well as with potential recruiters from the sector.
of our graduates found a job in less than 6 months
average gross annual salary at 3 years
of our graduates hold a position with an international dimension