Created in 2013 and fully integrated into the School of Wine & Spirits Business, the MBA Wine & Spirits Business allows professionals with 3 years of experience and a strong interest in the world of wine to train in an environment of excellence.
The 16-month MBA Wine & Spirits Business is a high-level training course, entirely focused on the professional world. It is therefore focused on fundamental principles.
HIGH LEVEL PEDAGOGICAL CONTENT PROVIDED BY PROFESSORS AND PROFESSIONALS IN THE SECTOR
• A faculty of experts: a Master of Wine, a winegrower, a world-renowned writer and numerous doctoral students
•A programme manager with 25 years of experience in the wine and spirits sector, on 3 different continents
• Speakers from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds, reflecting the international dimension of the school.
AN IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE IN THE WORLD OF WINE AND SPIRITS
• Various excursions, over periods of more than five weeks: London Wine Exporting, Distribution & Production, New York Distribution, Marketing & Communications Trip, Geisenheim, Germany, Seminar on Digitization, and France (Burgundy, Champagne, Rhône)
• Professional conferences led by the main leaders of the wine and spirits industry (trade show VIP Wine & Spirits)
• Trade fairs: ProWein in Germany
A UNIQUE GROUP DYNAMIC FUELLED BY CULTURAL AND PROFESSIONAL DIVERSITY
• Face-to-face classes in small teaching groups (maximum 25 students) allowing for close follow-up and interaction
• A dozen nationalities side by side within the programme and nourishing a rich cultural and professional diversity.
AN IDEAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
• Situated in the heart of Burgundy: a world-renowned wine region classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• A dedicated building on the campus providing a research laboratory dedicated to wines and spirits, with a wine and spirits shop and a tasting room.
The MBA Wine & Spirits Business is built around industry knowledge and management skills. It also emphasises practical learning through case studies and group work on specialised topics.
• Viticulture & oenology
• Sensory analysis and intercultural approach
• Wines of the world
• Spirits and liqueurs of the world
• WSET Wine 2 and /or 3 Training
• WSET 2 Spirits training
• Economic environment
• Market & actors :
Compagny strategy; Evaluating wine markets
• Wine & Society & Industry challenges:
Corporate Social Responsability
• Wine & Spirits marketing:
Consumer behaviour; Brand positioning; Brand plan; Business review; Creative development; PR & e-reputation
• Wine business finance
• Autumn School (Champagne)
• International & contemporary legal issues
CAREER & LEADERSHIP
• Workshop in leadership
• Personal branding
SPIRITS AND LIQUORS OF THE WORLD
WINE BUSINESS RESEARCH
INTETNATIONAL MARKETS & DISTRIBUTION
• Export Strategies
• Negotiation training
• London and New-York learning expeditions
• Adopting innovation in the wine business
• Strategic planning & disruption seminar
• Digitalization seminar in Germany
• Prowein TradeFair
CAREER & LEADERSHIP
• People and organization
• Personal Branding
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
English language certificate:
IELTS 6.5 or TOEIC 800
3 years of work experience and a proven interest in Wine & Spirits
1. Online Application
To apply for this programme, simply create your online account and application file and fill in all the required information and documents listed here.
Prior to submitting your online application, you will be asked to pay the non-refundable application fee of €100.
You can submit your application as soon as your application is complete and payment of application fee is made.
If your application is eligible, we will invite you to a motivation interview within a few days.
– Curriculum vitae
– Cover letter
– Copy of your last diploma or certificate of current schooling
– Language level certificates
– Photocopy of your passport or national identity card
– Letters of recommendation if you have some
2. Motivation interview
You will have the opportunity to express your motivation and ambition during a 20 to 30-minutes online interview with the Director of the programme.
During this interview, we encourage you to share your motivation but also your ambitions, experiences and expectations.
Applications are open until July 15th for applicants from outside the EU and until September 1st for students from within the EU.
As we offer rolling admissions, we advise you to apply as soon as possible to have time to complete any visa procedures and to prepare for your arrival in France.
All students admitted to BSB will be considered eligible for a scholarship, 60% of which will be assigned by March 30.
Be sure to get your application in now!
Tuition fees for the MBA Wine & Spirits Business are €29,000.
This “all inclusive” rate, guaranteed throughout your course, includes the following services:
The Hub: access to school support services, Career Booster, International Coaching, Wellness Center.
Campus and Learning Center access (open 6 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays)
BSB Alumni: Take advantage of the power of our network of over 16,000 graduates
Optional catch-ups, e-learning support, group project tutoring
Field trips: Burgundy, Champagne, Jura, Beaujolais or Rhône, London, New York, Geisenheim…
The MBA Wine & Spirits Business opens up numerous career opportunities in middle and senior management positions in the wine and spirits sector: general management, export, marketing, sales, communication, purchasing and finance.
The potential professional network is global: the MBA Wine & Spirits Business has 1,000 alumni from around the world in leadership positions in the industry; many networking opportunities are offered at various alumni events.
The BSB Career Center BSB accompanies you throughout your career to build your professional project and to put you in contact with the BSB alumni network.
Luxury Portfolio Consultant,
E&J Gallo Winery (Austin, USA)
New York Strategy – Maketing – Sales,
De Maison East (New York, USA)