Created in 2013 and fully integrated into the School of Wine & Spirits Business, the MBA Wine & Spirits Business allows professionals with 3 years of experience and a strong interest in the world of wine to train in an environment of excellence.
The 16-month MBA Wine & Spirits Business is a high-level training course, entirely focused on the professional world. It is therefore focused on fundamental principles.
HIGH LEVEL PEDAGOGICAL CONTENT PROVIDED BY PROFESSORS AND PROFESSIONALS IN THE SECTOR
• A faculty of experts: a Master of Wine, a winegrower, a world-renowned writer and numerous doctoral students
•A programme manager with 25 years of experience in the wine and spirits sector, on 3 different continents
• Speakers from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds, reflecting the international dimension of the school.
AN IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE IN THE WORLD OF WINE AND SPIRITS
• Various excursions, over periods of more than five weeks: London Wine Exporting, Distribution & Production, New York Distribution, Marketing & Communications Trip, Geisenheim, Germany, Seminar on Digitization, and France (Burgundy, Champagne, Rhône)
• Professional conferences led by the main leaders of the wine and spirits industry (trade show VIP Wine & Spirits)
• Trade fairs: ProWein in Germany
A UNIQUE GROUP DYNAMIC FUELLED BY CULTURAL AND PROFESSIONAL DIVERSITY
• Face-to-face classes in small teaching groups (maximum 25 students) allowing for close follow-up and interaction
• A dozen nationalities side by side within the programme and nourishing a rich cultural and professional diversity.
AN IDEAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
• Situated in the heart of Burgundy: a world-renowned wine region classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• A dedicated building on the campus providing a research laboratory dedicated to wines and spirits, with a wine and spirits shop and a tasting room.
The MBA Wine & Spirits Business is built around industry knowledge and management skills. It also emphasises practical learning through case studies and group work on specialised topics.
• Viticulture & oenology
• Sensory analysis and intercultural approach
• Wines of the world
• Spirits and liqueurs of the world
• WSET Wine 2 and /or 3 Training
• WSET 2 Spirits training
• Economic environment
• Market & actors :
Compagny strategy; Evaluating wine markets
• Wine & Society & Industry challenges:
Corporate Social Responsability
• Wine & Spirits marketing:
Consumer behaviour; Brand positioning; Brand plan; Business review; Creative development; PR & e-reputation
• Wine business finance
• Autumn School (Champagne)
• International & contemporary legal issues
CAREER & LEADERSHIP
• Workshop in leadership
• Personal branding
SPIRITS AND LIQUORS OF THE WORLD
WINE BUSINESS RESEARCH
INTETNATIONAL MARKETS & DISTRIBUTION
• Export Strategies
• Negotiation training
• London and New-York learning expeditions
• Adopting innovation in the wine business
• Strategic planning & disruption seminar
• Digitalization seminar in Germany
• Prowein TradeFair
CAREER & LEADERSHIP
• People and organization
• Personal Branding
Bachelors degree or equivalent
English language certificate:
ELTS= 6.5 or TOEIC=800
3 years of work experience
Proven interest in Wine & Spirits
APPLICATION PROCESS: (administrative fees: 100€)
- Online application form
- Oral motivational speech: interview with the Director of the programme to discuss your motivations.
Tuition fees for the MBA Wine & Spirits Business are €29,000.
This “all inclusive” rate, guaranteed throughout your course, includes the following services:
The Hub: access to school support services, Career Booster, International Coaching, Wellness Center.
Campus and Learning Center access (open 6 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays)
BSB Alumni: Take advantage of the power of our network of over 16,000 graduates
Optional catch-ups, e-learning support, group project tutoring
Field trips: Burgundy, Champagne, Jura, Beaujolais or Rhône, London, New York, Geisenheim…
The MBA Wine & Spirits Business opens up numerous career opportunities in middle and senior management positions in the wine and spirits sector: general management, export, marketing, sales, communication, purchasing and finance.
The potential professional network is global: the MBA Wine & Spirits Business has 1,000 alumni from around the world in leadership positions in the industry; many networking opportunities are offered at various alumni events.
The BSB Career Center BSB accompanies you throughout your career to build your professional project and to put you in contact with the BSB alumni network.
Luxury Portfolio Consultant,
E&J Gallo Winery (Austin, USA)
New York Strategy – Maketing – Sales,
De Maison East (New York, USA)