The MS CIVS – Specialised Masters in International Trade in Wines and Spirits welcomes students who are passionate about wines and spirits and wish to occupy executive positions requiring expertise in the wine-producing world together with advanced managerial skills. Relying on a very powerful network of graduates and as a pioneer in teaching in these industries, this programme is a leader in the French-speaking market.
PROGRAMME N°1 IN FRANCE AND N°3 IN THE WORLD
(Management of Wine and Gastronomy category – Eduniversal 2020)
JOIN ONE OF THE BEST PROGRAMMES IN WINE MANAGEMENT IN FRANCE AND IN THE WORLD, IN A MAJOR BUSINESS SCHOOL.
BSB is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Ecoles” and is accredited EQUIS and AACSB.
Recognised by professionals in the sector and the media, the history of this course is demonstrated by a network of graduates committed to the Wine & Spirits industry in France and internationally for 30 years.
CURRICULUM FROM THE SCHOOL OF WINE & SPIRITS BUSINESS
Founded in 2013, the School of Wine & Spirits Business is dedicated to education and research in the wine and spirits industries. With 3 specialised programs, the oldest of which was created in 1988, a unique dedicated building on campus including a business laboratory, a wine and spirits store and a tasting room, you will benefit from infrastructures dedicated to excellence!
Comprised of 1,000 alumni from around the world in leadership positions in the sector, the alumni network offers unprecedented opportunities and professional potential for its graduates.
AN IMMERSION IN THE WORLD OF WINES AND SPIRITS
Situated in the heart of the Burgundy wine region classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the campus is in an ideal location for studying.
VISIT THE LARGEST VINEYARDS IN EUROPE
5 weeks of study trips in the heart of the most famous French vineyards (Champagne, Burgundy, Alsace, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Grand Sud, Cognac), in Italy (Tuscany, Piedmont) or in Spain (Rioja, Priorat, Penedes).
REAL COACHING BY PROFESSIONALS IN THE SECTOR
Be coached by a faculty of world-renowned experts: Master of Wine, winegrowers, writers, lecturers, researchers, professors from the Jules Guyot Institute of the Dijon Institute of Vine and Wine (IUVV), PhD holders.
BSB accompanies you individually in your professional project with CV coaching, cover letters, interviews, internship offers in France and worldwide.
YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS PROGRAMME FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF WINE & SPIRITS BUSINESS
The MS CIVS – Specialised Masters in International Trade in Wines and Spirits is a programme dedicated to training specialists in trade and marketing who will be able to apply in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in a national and international environment dedicated to the wine and spirits industry. The professionalising academic curriculum is dense, enriched by interventions by experts and players in the sector for a global understanding of realities and rapid integration into the industry.
YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN 2 OPTIONS: FULL-TIME OR PART TIME.
MANAGERIAL AND MARKETING SKILLS
Acquire and apply the fundamentals of wine & spirits sector management
• Strategic Marketing
• International trade and export markets
• Operational marketing and distribution
• Wine and Spirits tourism
• Entrepreneurship and Business Plan
• Wine-growing management/ VSEs
Introduction to the main vineyards, the players in the sector and the characteristics of the major markets.
• Knowledge of the sector
• Grapes and Wines of the World
• Spirits and Liqueurs of the World
• Vineyard knowledge and study trips
• Wine-growing management and small businesses
To enable you to represent a winery or a wine merchant, a terroir or an appellation, to explain the specificities of vinification and products and to comment on a wine during tastings.
The courses are given by the Jules Guyot Institute of the University of the Vine and Wine of Dijon (IUVV).
• Sensory analysis / Tasting
Discover and understand the wine-growing regions, the issues, the players and share with them their experiences and the realities of the market.
• A 5-week trip to the heart of the vineyards of Burgundy, Alsace, Champagne, Bordeaux, Cognac, the Rhone Valley, the great south of France, but also Italy (Tuscany and Piedmont) or Spain (Rioja, Priorat, Penedes).
• Participate in reference trade shows.
The full-time training takes place on the Dijon campus.
LENGTH OF TRAINING
Programme duration 13 – 15 months
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
The majority of the full-time training is in French, with 20% of the courses being taught in English.
The part-time programme focuses on the fundamentals of the full-time programme and on practical and field experience. It consists of seminars and very consolidated study trips.
• Entrepreneurship and Business Plan
• Marketing and communication
• Approach to international markets
• Distribution and operational marketing
• Viticulture and oenology
1 STUDY TRIP TO ITALY
1 STUDY TRIP IN CHAMPAGNE
The training takes place 2 days / month on the Paris Campus and the 5 seminars take place on the Dijon Campus.
LENGTH OF TRAINING
Programme duration 18 – 20 months, taught in French.
• About 1/3 of the participants are already active in the sector.
• 2/3 are in a process of professional reorientation.
• Participants range in age from about 25 to 55 with an average age of 35-40.
• + 50% already have international experience.
The main motivations of our students :
• For profiles from the wine and spirits sector
- Updating knowledge
- Acquisition of new skills
- Validation of experience by a diploma
• For profiles in vocational retraining
- Willingness to take up a passionate profession
- Project for the creation of a company
- Plan to take over a company, in particular a family business in the wine and spirits sector
Language requirements: TCF/TEF: C1 + good level of English tested during the interview
Academic requirements: international Masters or Bachelors degree. Proof of 3 years of professional experience and a demonstrated passion for wines and spirits
APPLICATION PROCESS (100€ application fee)
- Application form
- Motivational talk
- Essay and presentation of the research carried out during the motivational talk, as well as the related bibliography.
This covers tuition fees and all travel and accommodation costs related to the study tours included in the programme.
• 12 900€ for self-financed students
• 13 900€ for students with corporate sponsorship
This sum includes training costs, lunches for the Paris sessions, accommodation and lunches for the seminars in Dijon, travel and accommodation costs for the study trip, and the provision of some basic teaching materials for the exam.
There is also the possibility of benefiting from aid for continuing or resuming studies as part of a personal professional project.
The Hub: access to school support services, Career Booster, International Coaching, Wellness Center.
Campus and Learning Center access (open 6 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays)
BSB Alumni: Take advantage of the power of our network of over 16,000 graduates
Optional catch-ups, e-learning support, group project tutoring
Field trips (travel and housing)
With more than 30 years of experience, the MS CIVS – Specialised Masters in International Trade in Wines and Spirits is supported by a network of more than 700 graduates both in France and abroad.
Graduates of the MS CIVS are called upon to occupy junior or middle management positions in sales and marketing functions in France or internationally such as:
• Brand manager
• Product Manager / Marketing Manager
• Brand Ambassador / PR Manager
• Consultant in the wine and spirits industry (communication agency, technical services…)
• Domain takeover or management
• Wine shop Manager
• Import-export manager
• Commercial agent – Distributor
• Area Manager ON/OFF trade
The BSB Career Booster facilitates contact between potential recruiters and students and graduates. It offers support towards the professional integration of graduates and the dissemination of job offers (+200 job offers and internships in Wines and Spirits shared per year).
The BSB Career Centre accompanies you throughout your career to build your professional project and to put you in contact with the BSB alumni network.
graduates of the School of Wine & Spirits Business in France and worldwide (more than 16,000 BSB graduates)
professionals holding a MS CIVS – Specialised Masters in International Trade in Wines and Spirits