WINE & SPIRITS
The Wine & Spirits Research Axis, in connection with both the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté territory and prestigious international partners, focuses on the terroirs issue, as well as on issues related to pesticide management, the environment, viticulture and diversity, to wine consumption, or to the management of family businesses.
The themes broached under this Research Axis are:
- Cross-cultural behavior as seen through the « terroir » lens, whether for wine or for
- Wines and gender stereotypes around, for instance, wine preferences for denominations, or during tastings
- Wine risks and choices by consumers
The research work builds on numerous professional and academic partnerships and the Axis researchers’ objectives are:
- To Produce articles in benchmark international journals in the fields of wine, economics, and management
- To promote, give visibility to, and disseminate these academic activities at international conferences
- And to disseminate them through the teachings given to BSB students
WINE & SPIRITS BUSINESS LAB
Our research laboratory is the only one in the world dedicated to behavioural studies in the wine and spirits sector. Using experimental economics methodology to explore emotions, cognitive processes and decision-making bias involved in the actions and opinions of consumers, producers and experts, the team works with partners in the wine industry, students and universities from around the whole world – an environment that generates academic research which is both stimulating and useful to society.