Second edition of the Global Wine Challenge on March 11 & 12, 2021
The second edition of the Global Wine Challenge will take place on March 11 & 12 at the School of Wine & Spirits Business (SWSB) of the Burgundy School of Business (BSB), in Dijon, for the face-to-face part – and virtualy due to the circumstances. This academic competition gathers four teams of four students coming from SWSB programmes and from the Master 2 in Wine and Spirits Law of the University of Reims. They will have to work on a concrete case study related to the wine and spirits business, designed by the International Federation of Wines and Spirits (FIVS), the world’s leading institution in the sector. The two finalist teams will defend their project to a jury of experts.
A unique challenge
As a symbol of its ever-stronger links with the major players in the wine and spirits sector, the SWSB is hosting this second edition of the Global Wine Challenge in Dijon. The competition pits four teams mixing students from SWSB programmes (MS CIVS – Specialised Masters in International Trade in Wines and Spirits, MBA Wine & Spirits Business and MSc Wine Management) and from the Master 2 in Wine and Spirits Law from the University of Reims.
Pitches will be built on a case study related to the international wine and spirits business, and will use FIVS-Abridge, a database of national agreements and regulations for wines and spirits, as a reference. The two most convincing teams will reach the final and defend their arguments in front of a panel of experts.
Prestigious international jury
Indeed, the experts from Australia, France, South Africa, Switzerland and the United States who make up the jury are particularly well known in their field:
- Seyma Bas, Brand Strategy Manager (Constellation Brands)
- Katherine Bedard, Director, International Public Policy (Wine Institute)
- Laurence Berthet-Chao, consultant (Kanpei Marketing)
- Matt Dogali, President & CEO (American Distilled Spirits Alliance)
- Laura Gelezuinas, JJB Scholar, Manager (FIVS)
- Steve Guy, General Manager, Regulatory Services (Wine Australia)
- Michael Lurie, Managing Director, Brand Strategy (Constellation Brands)
- Joe Lynch, Presidential Council Member Emeritus (FIVS)
- Xavier Millard, Export Manager (Champagne Mailly)
- Kurt Moore, Chief Executive Officer (South African Liquor Brand Owners Association, SALBA)
- Jolana Novotna, Export Manager (Maison Joseph Drouhin)
- Ignacio Sanchez Recarte, Secretary General (CEEV)
- Rob Tobassian, President (National Association of Beverage Importers, NABI)
- Rachel Triggs, General Manager, Corporate Affairs and Regulation (Wine Australia)
- Rein-Jan Prins, Attorney at Law (AIDV).
“We are very proud to host and co-organise the second Global Wine Challenge, which has become a key event for the academic world and the wine and spirits industry.Jérôme Gallo, Director of the School of Wine & Spirits Business
It is both a real recognition from a reference institution like FIVS and a rich experience for our students – one look at the quality of the jury and its members shows this clearly!“